The Filipino Young Professionals of Houston (“FYP”) has not forgotten about the victims of Typhoon Haiyan who continue to need our assistance!
We have accepted the invitation to become a part of the Steering Committee for the medical mission to the Philippines, “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart).
This medical mission will be taking place on June 16-21, 2014. Physicians, nurses, and Filipino-American volunteers from different professions and industries will travel to the Philippines at their own expense. They will visit the affected areas of Typhoon Haiyan and provide direct assistance, especially in the hard to reach areas of Samar and Leyte.
In Collaboration With:
- Filipino American Council of South Texas (“FACOST”)
- Houston Alliance of Volunteers in Medicine (“HAVMed”)
- Paskong Pinoy
- People Caring for the Community, Inc. (“PCCI”)
- Samar-Leyte of Texas
- Sprouse Foundation
- Texas Association of Philippine Physicians (“TAPP”)
- non-expired, sealed and unused medicines/medical supplies
- school supplies and toys
- toiletries/hygiene supplies
- building supplies/equipment like hammers/drills
- old crutches, canes, small wheelchairs, walkers, nebulizers, first aid kits, and AEDs (portable defibrillators)
Drop-Off Locations are listed here.
FYP members, friends and supporters are invited to help with the state-side effort of collecting donations of relief goods and medical supplies, volunteering to sort and package the goods in boxes for direct shipment to Tacloban in March 2014.
- Saturday, February 15th, 2pm to 6pm – Pack Party #1: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Saturday, February 22nd, 2pm to 6pm – Pack Party #2: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Sunday, March 2nd, 2pm to 6pm – Pack Party #3: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Saturday, March 8th, 9am-1pm – Pack Party #4: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Sunday, March 9th, 9am-5pm – Pack Party #5: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Saturday, March 15th, 9am-5pm – (FINAL) Pack Party #6: “Tulong Mula Sa Puso” (Helping from the Heart) Medical Mission – Sorting and Packing of Donated Goods
- Americana Vigor Gallery - Hannah Bacol Busch Gallery is collaborating with FYP to raise awareness about the needs of the Filipino people who were devastated from the super-typhoon. 100% of the door donations and a percentage of the art sales during the show will be donated to a fund for this medical mission. Gallery opening is on Saturday, March 8th and the show will be running until Saturday, October 18th.
- Fundraising Gala and Silent Acution - Saturday, May 10th, 7pm-12am at Marriott Westchase Grand Pavilion. Formal attire. All proceeds will fund this medical mission. A minimum donation of $60 ($70 after May 1, 204) per person includes a 3-course sit-down dinner and entertainment; Cash bar available. Donations are accepted by check (made payable to the Sprouse Foundation), Chase Bank QuickPay to email@example.com, or online on eventbrite. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations Drop-Off Locations
LAST DAY to drop off items is Friday, March 7th. Please mark donated items as “TMSP Medical Mission” or “Medical Mission”
Hwy 59 - FILTEX
7123 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77074
(713) 777-0090; (713) 777-0092
Beltway 8 North - FILTEX
4027 FM 1960 Rd W Houston, TX 77068
Tues-Thurs 10a-7p / Fri-Sat 10a-730p / Sun 10a-5p
Katy - FILTEX
1603 N. Westgreen Blvd. Ste 170 Katy, TX 77449-7112
Mon-Sat 10:30a-7p / Sun 10:30a-5p
Pearland - TJ Filipino & Vietnamese Cuisine
1826 Country Place Pkwy Ste 110 Pearland, TX 77584
Tues-Sat 10:30a-7p / Sun 10:30a-3p
Medical Center – Godo’s Bakery & Restaurant
7235 Fannin St Houston, TX 77030
Humble - Sarap Pinoy
19333 Hwy 59 N #295 Humble, TX 77338
Downtown/Montrose - Pagel, Davis & Hill, P.C.
1415 Louisiana St., 22nd Floor Houston, TX 77002