FYP would like to share the following community events. Please make sure to keep checking this page for updates around the community.
- Saturday, Mar. 1, 2014: Together in Hope, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit working with impoverished communities in El Salvador, Ethiopia and the Philippines, is running/walking the Woodlands Charity Challenge marathon, half marathon and 5K with a goal of raising $100,000 to support Together in Hope’s ongoing work in the Philippines and to launch a new job development project in typhoon devastated Visayas. They are looking to build a team of 100 walkers and runners that can walk/run the 5k, run the relay, half marathon or marathon. If you are interested in joining their team, sign up at http://reason2race.com/join/
tih/. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Laura Power at 832-758-2971 or see http://www.togetherinhope.org for more information.
- Tuesday, Mar. 18, 2014, 6pm-8:30pm: Asian Women Empowered invite you to join them in Joy Sewing’s presentation “Achieving your dreams with a dream team”. Joy Sewing is a fashion and beauty editor for Houston Chronicle. Free for AWE 2014 members, $25 for guests/non-members. Yao’s Restaurant (9755 Westheimer Road, 77042). Purchase your tickets on eventbrite.
- Tuesday, Mar. 18, 2014, 6pm-8pm: Asia Society is generously providing their beautiful venue as a place for to host the second annual World’s Fare Reception. This event offers a chance for members of Houston’s international, business and philanthropic communities to make meaningful business and philanthropic connections with people fighting hunger in their home countries and countries where they do business. The World’s Fare Reception is part of The Food Bank Leadership Institute (FBLI). FBLI is an international gathering of committed individuals from more than 30 countries who want to make positive changes in their communities, and are doing it through food banking. Asia Society (1370 Southmore Boulevard, 77004). RSVP on eventbrite today!
Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014, 6:30pm: FACOST meeting and election of new officers Hilton Houston Southwest. Please be a registered member by paying your lifetime membership dues of $100.00. Only registered member can vote and qualify as candidate. Each registered member asso. can send 2 voting represetatives.
- Saturday, Apr. 26, 2014, 6p -12am: Filipino Cancer Network of America – Metropolitan Houston (FCNA-MH) invites you their annual event “Celebration of the Gift of Life – A Dinner/Dance Fundraising Event”. $35/Person, Business Attire. Kim Son Restaurant at The Fountains (12750 Southwest Freeway, 77477). RSVP by April 23, 2014. Contact Cherry Sloan-Medrano (713-745-9729, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Luz Reyes (713-269-9380, email@example.com).
- Friday, May 2, 2014, 8pm: People Caring for the Community, Inc. (PCCI) is proud to present the Leyte Dance Theatre (LDT) at the Miller Outdoor Theatre (1600 Hermann Park Drive, Houston 77030). The program honors the survivors of typhoon Haiyan which recently devastated the island of Samar-Leyte. The LDT will showcase its excellence in the field of dance depicting the traditions, history and culture of the Philippines. The LDT is acclaimed and recognized internationally and has received many awards and citations in the field of arts and entertainment since 1997. Free tickets are available (4 per person over age 16 while they last) at the Miller Outdoor box office between the hours of 10:30am-1pm. For further information please contact Dr. Norma Mendoza-President – 713 496-3006, Eufe Chua – 832 243-1644, Phoebe Catli- 832 788-7176.